Email Marketing is one of the best part of digital marketing, if you are planning to do digital marketing for your business then you must definitely check email marketing also.
Do you know that email marketing is a direct way to engage with your targeted audience? Email also helps you to maintain a close relationship with your customers and makes it easy to test and launch new products or services as well.
Building a database of your customers plays a very important role in your online marketing strategy.
Table of Contents
- What is Email Marketing?
- What is the Importance of Email Marketing?
- Is Email Marketing Dead?
- How to get started?
- What are some tools for email marketing?
- Grow your Email List
- How to write converting emails?
What is Email Marketing?
It can be explained as sending direct but value-providing emails to your prospects and then converting them from subscribers into customers. If your emails are effective then you can also convert them into raving fans.
If you are doing email marketing for the first time then I would suggest you to first build your email list before moving to further steps. Here are the ways that you can build your email subscribers.
Some popular ways to generate leads are:
- Cheat Sheets
- Discount Coupons
- Case Studies
What is the Importance of Email Marketing?
You already might be knowing that how social media marketing is increasing day-by-day but it doesn’t mean that email marketing is not the future.
Despite of spammy emails (that never work actually), there are some effective ways to nurture your subscribers and help them in converting into loyal customers.
You can easily predict why email marketing is important by these points:
- Best way to engage your target audience– Email Marketing is the best way to communicate but only when you are not spamming all the time with your offers and discounts. Sending emails doesn’t mean that you just fill their inboxes with your offers. It means that you provide valuable tools or things that could help people in certain ways.
- Email Helps in Converting your Customers- Emails helps in conversion by 138% (According to Optinmonster.com) more than those who don’t send any offer emails.
- You have 100% control- Unlike the social media platforms where your account can be suspended without any prior notice, emails will remain with you till the time whenever you want. You don’t have to rely on anyone else, so you have the 100% control.
- Emails build personal relationship- By sending regular emails to your targeted prospects allows you to build a personal relationship with your audience. It cannot be done with any other kind of digital marketing platform.
- Email grow your lists of targeted audience- With email marketing you can build your personal database of customers who are likely to buy or products. You can build this list as much as you want.
Is Email Marketing Dead?
Most of the people thought that email marketing is dead. Is it true? What do you think?
No, it’s not dead. It is still a popular and one of the most cost-effective way to reach your customers.
A lot of people have this myth that email marketing is now dead but no it’s not true and I can prove it. Below with the graph and statistics you can easily predict how email marketing is dominating in digital marketing field.
How to get started?
The best way to start anything is just start it without even thinking anything. This is because if you kept your brain always thinking then it would be difficult to take any action. And there’ also a very important rule to follow which is called as “5 Seconds Rule”. This rule says that whatever you’re planning to do just start to do it after 5 seconds otherwise your brain become lazy and won’t be able to complete that task.
Email Marketing can be started in many ways but first you must know how to write emails. Yes, many of us forget sometimes that it doesn’t matter whichever tool you are using, if you don’t know how to write emails nothing matters.
So, first you have to learn how to write good emails that generate conversion. In order to learn this, you have to learn copywriting skills.
Copywriting is a very powerful skill because it is required everywhere in business. Whether it is a landing page, sales copy, print ads, social media ads, email campaigns, or social media posts. If you learn this skill you are going to rock this marketing world.
Some of my favourite copywriters are Dan Lok, Alex Cattoni, etc. You can either buy their course or just watch their YouTube Videos.
How to grow email lists?
Now to start email marketing you have to first grow your email list. It sounds trickier but there are so many ways and tools which you can use to get more leads.
Do you know what is it? A Lead Magnet is a digital product which you give to your customer for free in exchange with their email address. It could be anything like-
- Cheat sheets,
- Free Trials,
- Case Studies
- Free Consultation
It depends on your business whichever digital products you want to give.
Your Lead Magnet should not be something irrelevant to your business like if you have a digital marketing agency then your giveaway must also be related to it.
There are some factors which you can consider for making a good lead magnet:
- It must be relevant – Whatever Lead Magnet you’re using for email marketing, it must be relevant to your products/services.
- Helps in taking Action – Your Lead Magnet will be of no value if it’s not helping in taking some actions after all at the end of the day you want to make sales, right?
- Easy to understand – Ensure that your eBooks, PDFs, must be easy to understand by your prospects otherwise they would be unable to understand your business.
- Instant Accessible – Ensure that whatever you are providing them, it should be instant access, don’t let your people wait.
- Provide Values – Yes, this is one of my favorite point i.e. Providing value. It doesn’t matter anything you provide until and unless it is giving some sort of values. So, make sure that you’re giving enough values to your prospects.
- Informational – Most people forget sometimes that your email should never be always “promotional” because if you try to sell to everyone then you can never sell to anyone.
What are some tools to get started?
To start Email Marketing you require an opt-in form on your website. You can simply make it with HelloBar, OptinMonster, etc. There are so many tools that you can use to automate your opt-in forms.
I would suggest you to also drive traffic from your social media handles if you don’t have much audience on your website. Put a link of your opt-in form in your Instagram profile so that anyone can fill it. In this way, you’ll get more traffic from day 1.
What are some tools to get started?
So, there are many tools for automations like:
- MailChimp – MailChimp is a very famous email marketing software especially for newbies because it is very easy to use if you’re starting out. MailChimp allows a free plan for 2,000 Subscribers. However, if you wish to upgrade, you have to pay $10/month and it goes for up to $30 for 2,500 subscribers.
- ConvertKit – ConverKit is again a very powerful software for email marketing but it is specially made for professional bloggers, speakers, influencers. If you’re planning to start with ConvertKit, you have to pay $29/month for 1000 subscribers and it goes up depending on your subscribers.
- SendInBlue – SendInBlue helps you not only in email marketing but also for SMS marketing. Because of its easy-to-use features, anyone can use it with just drag and drop tools. Its pricing is $25/month but you can send up to 300 emails daily.
- MailerLite – MailerLite gives you features like A/B Testing which helps you in testing your emails which is a very amazing thing. It gives you free 1000 subscribers to be added to your list after that you have to pay $10/month.
- AWeber – It is another very popular tool for auto-responding, segmentations, email buildings, etc. They have great customer support and its pricing from $19/month.
These are some tools which you can use and most of them are free to get started if you are just starting out email marketing. So, what are you waiting for just pick any one tool and you are good to go.
How to grow your email list?
Well, there is no shortcut to grow your email list you have to bring some traffic on your website via SEO, social media platforms, or any digital ads.
Yes, it definitely takes lots of time and effort to grow your email list but once you grow you could also start increasing your revenue as well.
Now, I’m going to tell you some tips to grow your email list:
Tip 1. Audit Tools – You can go for “Audit Tools” like if you have a health-related site or if you have an accounting site, you can simply make an automated calculator from CodeCanyon. It is a site where you can buy these calculators for a few dollars and ask people to put in their information and you can collect their email addresses.
Tip 2. Webinars – People love webinars so what you have to do is if you’re on any social media platform like on Instagram or Facebook then you can simply invite people to your webinars. People will love to give their email addresses in exchange with a free Webinar.
Tip 3. Opt-in Forms – If you have much traffic already coming to your website then you can put a pop-up opt-in form like using HelloBar or OptinMonster. And after this, you can give some givaways which I’ve already told you Lead Magnet section.
How to write converting emails?
Now, my favorite part comes i.e. “how to write emails that coverts?”
So, it’s not a rocket science you just need some copywriting skills plus a reason why you want people to read your emails.
I would highly recommend a book to read which is “DotCom Secrets by Russell Brunson”. It is an amazing book for learning Sales Funnel Management and email marketing also because Russell has provided some “ready-made” Email Templates that really works well.
Here’s a Template from the book “DotCom Secrets by Russell Brunson”-
“You need to get a college education so you can get a good job.” Sure, tonight there would be a lot of celebrating . . .
But what about the next morning?
That’s when we all had a chance to meet the “Real World.”
And as we quickly found out, it’s not very nice or forgiving.
For most of the people who graduated with me, IF they were able to find jobs, they were going into entry-level jobs making thirty to forty thousand dollars a year. . .
Barely enough to cover the monthly payments for their student loans.
Loans which, by the way, are non-dismissible . . . EVEN if you declare bankruptcy.
The chains of debt and a job market that can’t pay enough to cover the costs of our education are what we each inherited when we stepped into the “Real World.”
So, when I looked around and saw them all smiling on graduation day, at first I was confused . . .
Not for me, but for them . . .
Because for me, I knew what my next step was. Just two years earlier, I had stumbled on a cool way to take the things I was good at in my life and turn those things into a business.
This was a business that had made me two hundred and fifty thousand dollars my senior year in college and would go on to make me over a MILLION dollars within just one year of graduation.
Would you like to know what I found out? Are you interested in how I was able to get my idea up and running with literally no money, while I was going to school, wrestling, and spending time with my new wife?
If so, then look for my email tomorrow. I’m gonna show you the epiphany I had, but more importantly, I’m going to explain how you can use it to get similar results in your life!
So, look for tomorrow’s email. The subject line is [DCS] Ch. 3 of 5: Expert Secrets.
Russell “Wish I Had My Tuition Back” Brunson
P.S. I almost forgot. I told you yesterday that I was going to GIVE you my best product for free . . .
You can get it here (but please don’t share it with anyone else)— this is for my faithful subscribers only”.
Here are 2 tips that you should mention while writing emails for conversion:
- Storytelling – Do you know why storytelling works best in conversion? Because people can relate to the stories. Your customers are not just customers they are human beings. Thus, it is essential to have a friendly conversation with them rather than just selling your products.
- Hidden Benefits – Make sure that your email itself doesn’t speak direct benefits all the time. Yes, it works definitely to tell the benefits but does not work every time. For Example: “BOOK NOW OR REGRET” definitely works well but instead of this you can write “Getting is better than Regretting“. This line itself speaks of a hidden benefit.
At last but not least, I would also like to mention that if you want to learn email marketing then you can also do some free or paid courses that are available online. Hope, you find this article useful, if you have any doubt or query then you can ask in the comment section below.
If you are interested in Instagram Marketing you can check out this article.
Watch this instead: